Saudi Arabia undertook the following action against Canada following a tweet by Global Affairs Canada criticizing the kingdom’s arrests of human rights activists, including women’s rights activists.
- The expulsion of Canada’s ambassador.
- A freeze on “all new trade and investment transactions” between the two countries.
- The suspension of all Saudi flights to and from Toronto.
- An order for Saudi students to leave Canadian schools.
- Plans to transfer all Saudi nationals receiving medical treatment in Canada to hospitals outside the country.
Court Painter’s recent portrait catches the hair on fire moment of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman (MBS)